It’s finally official! After what feels like forever, we’ve made a decision… contract signed and accepted. We’re moving to Texas!
Snow days bring out the slug in me. Pajamas all day, didn’t even attempt to leave the house and early bed times. Not much was accomplished but I did get this shot of the kids. I can’t stop looking at it.
I’m so obnoxious about my kids. And I’m really ok with that.
My latest favorite picture of these two.
They,like, seriously love each other… The cuddles aren’t just for the camera. He lights up when she’s around, and she loves to hold, feed, and hug him. It’s the best.
How’d I get this lucky?
I haven’t posted in a bit. I lost my Nana on January 17th. She would have been 93 this year. She lived a long, full and rich life, but that doesn’t make the loss any less. She was my buddy and I was her favorite. She told me long ago and wasn’t shy about telling anyone else. She was more than my grandmother, she was my friend, my confidante, my touchstone. I miss her and wish I spent more time with her these last few years. I’m so glad she got to meet Tuck and I’m more pleased that Charlotte got to know her.
After pregnancy, nursing and then just, well, laziness I haven’t worn a real bra in like a year. Stretchie bras are totally acceptable when ur home all day and don’t have coworkers or meetings or, really, anyone other than your kids paying attention to you. And they love you uni-boob and all. But I needed a real bra because I’d like to venture beyond Target and not flop out of an old too-small bra from yesteryear. I measured, ordered and anxiously awaited my VS package. When it came, I ripped it open and couldn’t wait to wear the pretty, albeit huge, thing. And then today after maybe 20 minutes I couldn’t wait to take it off. Ugh.
First time on a swing. 1/15/14 Didn’t hate it, didn’t love it. Maybe he’ll like it more without mittens and a puffer coat.
- charlotte telling me she wants to be an illustrator when she grows up. And then saying “that’s the person who paints the pictures in books.”. Ya know, in case I didn’t know what she meant.
-my Costco deal slippers. House shoes!! I’m officially old.
- Tuck saying mmmm with each bite whether its apples or green beans. Kid loves to eat.
- charlotte telling me she loves me as I tuck her in bed.
- and, don’t tell her I said this, but I even love when she’s being naughty (sometimes)because I hear gems like, “Mama, don’t be rude, it’s not impressive.”
- having to hide my laughter when hearing those gems.
- Netflix… Officially obsessed with Sherlock.
For 7 years I thought of 2014 as an endpoint. But now that it’s here, I realize it’s just the beginning. Residency is wrapping up in the next 6 months and the rest of our lives is about to unfold.
2014 is going to be an exciting, stressful, happy and strange year. Bring it on!
Page 1 of 83